UPDATE for drivers: The Sunshine Skyway Bridge reopened on Friday at 3:50 p.m.
(WFLA) – Here are the power outages that have been reported in the Tampa Bay Area. This will be updated as new information comes in.
Duke Energy Florida says that it has more than 1,200 workers restoring power in the area.
Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative
Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative continues to battle Hurricane Hermine. Currently WREC line crews are working to restore power in Pasco, Polk, Hernando, Citrus, and Sumter counties. Flooding in areas is prevalent along the west side of U.S. 19. The major cause of outages is flooding, and trees that are falling on power lines. WREC personnel will work 24 hours a day until power is restored to all members who are without power and can be restored.
WREC reminds you to play it safe around power line, and use portable generators properly.
Safety Tips: Stay away from downed or low hanging power line, and report them to WREC as soon as possible. These lines may still be energized and can cause serious injury or death. If you plan to use a portable generator it should never be connected to any part of your homes electrical system. If connected improperly the generator can back feed onto the power line possibly causing serious injury or death to line repair technicians and the general public. Always use generators in a well ventilated area outdoors.
- Check the Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative outage map
- Report an outage here
- Contact Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative
To Report an outage: You will need your account number or a phone number associated with your account.
- Call 1-877-588-1010 to report a power outage or electrical emergency
- Text OUT to 35069
- Report an outage online here
- Check the TECO power outage map here
Florida Power & Light
- Report a power outage here.
- View the Florida Power & Light outage map here
- Please call 1-800-4-OUTAGE(1-800-468-8243) to report a hazardous condition such as a downed power line.
- Report an outage and see current outages here
- If you are currently experiencing an outage in your zone or you want to report a power outage or electrical emergency such as a downed power line, please call Lakeland Electric’s dedicated toll-free automated system at (863) 834-4248. The system can recognize your phone number when you call, matching it to your address to help crews locate outages quickly.
County by County Coverage- flooding, damage, cancellations & more
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Hillsborough County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Pasco County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Pinellas County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Polk County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Sarasota County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Manatee County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Citrus County
- Tracking Hurricane Hermine: Hernando County
- Gather must-have items and supplies
- Be prepared: Develop a family plan
- Stay safe: Protect yourself and your family
- Steps to take now to protect your home
- Simple steps to protect your pets
- Don’t forget to protect important documents