TAMPA, Fla. – Grocery shopping is about to get a whole lot easier for Tampa Bay shoppers. Walmart will nearly triple the amount of stores in the Tampa Bay area offering its online grocery pickup service. The free service will soon be available in 11 stores, enabling customers to order groceries online and pick them up at their local Walmart store without even leaving their cars.
Walmart’s grocery pickup service features 30,000 items with 90 percent of customers choosing to add fresh meat, dairy or produce to their baskets. Other top items selected by grocery pickup shoppers include after school snacks, diapers and large dog food bags. Select stores also offer top selling seasonal items, currently including back to school supplies. All items are priced at the same low prices customers find in their local Walmart store.
Walmart’s Online Grocery service will be available at the following Tampa Bay-area stores starting in August (specific launch dates are noted next to each store):
- Walmart Supercenter, 5315 Cortez Road W., Bradenton (starts Aug. 9)
- Walmart Supercenter, 8745 State Road 54, New Port Richey (starts Aug. 30)
- Walmart Supercenter, 17000 Tamiami Trail, North Port (starts Aug. 9)
- Walmart Supercenter, 3801 Tampa Road, Oldsmar (starts Aug. 30)
- Walmart Supercenter, 13140 S. Tamiami Trail, Osprey (starts Aug. 9)
- Walmart Neighborhood Market, 3400 E. Lake Road S., Palm Harbor (starts Aug. 10)
- Walmart Supercenter, 4150 Tamiami Trail S., Venice (starts Aug. 9)
These stores join two dozen other Florida stores in offering online grocery pickup, including locations in Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Pensacola, Tampa and West Palm Beach. Additional stores offering the service in the Tampa Bay area include:
- Walmart Supercenter, 11110 Causeway Boulevard, Brandon
- Walmart Supercenter, 9205 Gibsonton Drive, Gibsonton
- Walmart Supercenter, 19910 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa
- Walmart Supercenter, 6192 Gunn Highway, Tampa
How it Works
- Order and Choose a Pickup Time: Customers visit http://walmart.com/grocery online or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes to select a local store and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to pick up their orders.
- Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly-trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested.
- Pick Up and Go: Once a customer arrives at the pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces marked in orange, and a designated number to call to alert an associate. An associate will quickly retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.