Pasco firefighters battle blaze caused by unattended deep fryer

Pasco County Fire Rescue photo

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County Fire Rescue crews battled a blaze at 16517 Albright Ave. Thursday evening.

“Upon arrival crews found a double wide mobile home with heavy smoke and flame showing,” officials said. “Crews attacked the fire and contained it to the kitchen and dining room area.”

The home owner suffered smoke inhalation and was treated on scene but refused transport to a hospital, officials said. A firefighter suffered heat exhaustion and was treated. That firefighter has already been released back to full duty.

The fire was caused by an unattended deep fryer. There were 16 personnel on scene, in addition to two engines, two tankers, two rescues, an air truck and two chiefs.

The home is a total loss, according to Pasco County Fire Rescue.

All occupants of the home “self-rescued,” officials said.

 

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s