PASCO COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – In the wake of the Dallas tragedy, one little Tampa Bay area resident asked the question that her mom couldn’t answer.
‘Why do people hurt heroes?” Gianna Sommerland, 5, asked her mom Vanessa after seeing the reports about the Dallas ambush Friday morning on TV.
She also wanted to do something to support their local law enforcement and Vanessa knew how to help her with that. They brought doughnuts to the deputies in the District One office in New Port Richey Friday.
The deputies posted a photo with the tiny supporter on the Pasco Sheriff’s Facebook page, thanking the girl and the entire community:
Thank you to Gianna and Vanessa and all of our local community members who reached out to us today to show their support as well.
- Dallas Mayor: ‘It is a heartbreaking morning’
- Obama says America is horrified over Dallas attack
- Viral: Local pastor uses Facebook to express emotions after latest police shootings
- Feds open investigation into deadly police shooting
- Governor: Black driver wouldn’t be dead if he were white
- Man fatally shot by police in Minnesota; video investigated