ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Orlando police say a vague threat has been made against their officers in the wake of the deadly police shooting in Dallas.
Spokeswoman Michelle Guido declined to offer any specifics on Friday’s threat, but said officers were made aware of it and were reminded “to be vigilant about their safety and the safety of everyone in our community.”
She declined to say whether the agency was beefing up security or making any tactical changes in response to the threat.
Five police officers were killed and several others wounded in a targeted overnight attack in Dallas.
- Dallas Mayor: ‘It is a heartbreaking morning’
- Obama says America is horrified over Dallas attack
- Viral: Local pastor uses Facebook to express emotions after latest police shootings
- Feds open investigation into deadly police shooting
- Governor: Black driver wouldn’t be dead if he were white
- Man fatally shot by police in Minnesota; video investigated