Closures, detours coming to I-275 and I-4 interchange area

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — If you drive the I-275 and I-4 interchange area, you’ll want to know about a pavement project that will impact drivers.

The Florida Department of Transportation says multiple lanes may be closed in either direction of I-275 from west of Ashley Drive/Scott Street/Tampa Street (Exit 44) to north of I-4 (Exit 45B) on the following dates and times-

• Saturday July 9 and 16: 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
  • Sunday through Thursday July 10-14: 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.

FDOT also wants drivers to know about the following closures and detours

Westbound I-4 ramp onto southbound I-275 closed 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday (July 9 and 10).

DETOUR: Drivers will be directed to Exit 45A (Downtown East-West) to Doyle Carlton Drive. At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto Doyle Carlton Drive. Turn right onto Palm Avenue, right onto Tampa Street, then turn right onto the entrance ramp from Tampa Street.

Southbound I-275 traffic may be detoured off at the downtown exit between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. Monday and Tuesday (July 11 and 12).

DETOUR: All southbound mainline traffic will be directed off at Exit 45A to Doyle Carlton Drive. Drivers will turn right onto Doyle Carlton Drive, right onto Palm Avenue, right onto Tampa Street, then turn right onto the ramp to re-enter southbound I-275.

Scott St. /Orange Ave. entrance ramp onto eastbound I-4 closed 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday (July 13 and 14).

DETOUR: Traffic will be directed onto northbound I-275 and will exit to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard (Exit 46B). At the bottom of the ramp, turn left and cross under I-275, then turn left to enter southbound I-275. From there, take the flyover bridge (Exit 45B) to eastbound I-4.

Westbound I-4 ramp onto northbound I-275 closed 10:00 p.m. Saturday, July 16 to 5:00 a.m. Sunday, July 17.

DETOUR: Drivers will be directed to Exit 45A (Downtown East-West) to Doyle Carlton Drive. At the bottom of the ramp, turn right onto Doyle Carlton Drive. Turn right onto Palm Avenue, right onto Tampa Street, left onto Scott Street and then use the entrance ramp onto northbound I-275.

Get our hottest stories
delivered to your inbox
Sign up for News Channel 8’s Noon Newsletter to get
updates on the day’s top stories

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.