MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — If you know anyone who is looking for a furry critter to add to their family, you might want to tell them about an adoption special going on through the end of June.
Manatee County Animal Services is overcrowded and is offering a 50 percent discount on adoption fees through the end of the month.
As of Monday evening, there are 178 dogs and 109 cats at the shelter. A shelter spokesperson said that the shelter is only designed to hold 80 animals. The shelter needs to find loving forever homes for the animals there.
Pet adoptions are offered at the following locations:
Palmetto Shelter: 305 – 25 Street W. in Palmetto, 941-742-5933
- Monday -Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed Sunday, and holidays.
Downtown Meowtown: 1002 Manatee Ave. W. in Bradenton, (941)742-5824
- Tues-Sat, 11 am – 3 pm
SEE MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- 2016 Florida Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- FBI releases conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Odessa youth minister arrested on sexual battery charges
- ‘Star Trek’ actor Anton Yelchin dies in car crash at age 27
- FBI releasing conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Florida parents arrested in death of toddler who had morphine in his system
- Florida group protests black bear hunting season
- FL assistant state attorney suspended over post
- Check your Ticketmaster account, free tickets might be waiting for you
- North Port officers celebrate birthday of boy with autism after no one responds to invites