ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Police say a St. Pete man grabbed a child’s buttocks in a public restroom and then shot the boy in the eyes with a water gun.
Detectives say the victim was using the restroom when Solomon Johnson, 33, entered at 11:39 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15. Johnson turned off the lights in the bathroom and then grabbed the victim’s bare buttocks with both hands and only stopped when the victim told him not to touch him.
Johnson then turned the lights back on in the bathroom and used a plastic water gun to shoot water into the eyes of the victim. The incident was witnessed by the victim’s friends, who were also shot in the eyes with the water gun, according to an arrest affidavit.
Johnson was arrested on one count of lewd and lascivious molestation and two counts of child abuse. He is being held in the Pinellas County Jail on $160,000 bond.
SEE MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- 2016 Florida Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- FBI releases conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Odessa youth minister arrested on sexual battery charges
- ‘Star Trek’ actor Anton Yelchin dies in car crash at age 27
- FBI releasing conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Florida parents arrested in death of toddler who had morphine in his system
- Florida group protests black bear hunting season
- FL assistant state attorney suspended over post
- Check your Ticketmaster account, free tickets might be waiting for you
- North Port officers celebrate birthday of boy with autism after no one responds to invites