ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — The manhunt for a Bartow man suspected of shooting and killing his ex-girlfriend ended Monday morning with his arrest in Orlando.
Orlando Police Department officers arrested Patrick Christopher Panton, 21, after receiving an anonymous tip about his location.
Investigators say Panton shot his ex-girlfriend Emily Tensley, 27, of Bartow during an argument at her home on Saturday night and then left the area.
Officers responded to the Azalea Gardens Apartments on Golfview Avenue around 8:16 p.m. on Saturday and found Tensley laying on the ground of a breezeway at the apartment complex. Tensley was unresponsive and officers began CPR. Polk County EMS responded and transported Tensley to Bartow Regional Medical Center where she died from her injuries.
Panton was charged with Second Degree Murder and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
SEE MORE TOP CLICKED STORIES:
- 2016 Florida Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- FBI releases conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Odessa youth minister arrested on sexual battery charges
- ‘Star Trek’ actor Anton Yelchin dies in car crash at age 27
- FBI releasing conversations between Orlando gunman and police
- Florida parents arrested in death of toddler who had morphine in his system
- Florida group protests black bear hunting season
- FL assistant state attorney suspended over post
- Check your Ticketmaster account, free tickets might be waiting for you
- North Port officers celebrate birthday of boy with autism after no one responds to invites