BRANDON, FL (WFLA) — Florida Highway Patrol troopers remain on the scene of a fatal motorcycle crash on Highway 60 near Limona Road in Brandon.
They responded to the incident just before midnight Wednesday.
Troopers report that the motorcyclist was killed. He’s been identified as 30-year-old Ryan Lundy from Tampa.
The driver of a Ford Escort wagon, 18-year-old Katrina Taylor of Brandon, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
It’s unclear who, if anyone, is at fault. Both vehicles were badly damaged. On the scene, troopers are using accident reconstruction equipment to take measurements of the roadway and wreckage.
Highway 60 has reopened in both directions between Hilltop and Limona.
- North Port officers celebrate birthday of boy with autism after no one responds to invites
- Florida deputy facing 29 child sex charges fatally shoots self
- Gator takes boy, 2, from Disney Orlando resort lake
- Dead woman found wedged in St. Pete window, baby in stroller nearby
- The Latest: Orlando city cemetery has space for nightclub victims
- City releases names, ages, of 49 nightclub shooting victims
- How to Help: Donate blood, money
- JetBlue offering free Orlando flights to shooting victims’ family, domestic partners
- President Obama to visit Orlando Thursday
- Two young Polk county women among the slain in Orlando
- Former Largo resident among the deceased in Orlando shooting