NAPLES, Fla. (WBBH) — A Florida man says he called 911 Monday night because his girlfriend wouldn’t buy him vodka.
Caller Jack Means told dispatch his neighbors were fighting and yelling, but when deputies showed up, there was no yelling, and there was no scene.
According to the police report Means was drunk and angry after his girlfriend wouldn’t buy him alcohol, so he decided to call 911.
The responding Collier County sheriff’s deputies spent more than an hour at the scene. Means was charged with a misdemeanor for misusing 911.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Fire breaks out in student housing at Saddlebrook Resort in Pasco
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day