MIRAMAR, Fla. (AP) – A 40-year-old Philadelphia woman is accused of killing her 7-month-old son and 3-year-old daughter during a visit to South Florida.
Records show that Sophia Hines was booked into the Broward County Jail early Thursday. She’s charged with two counts of premeditated murder.
Miramar police spokeswoman Tania Rues told reporters that officers responding to a call for help on Wednesday evening found the children inside an apartment behind a home in Miramar, which is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. The officers performed CPR on the children until fire rescues crews arrived and declared them dead.
Rues did not say how the children died. She says more details will be released Thursday morning.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Fire breaks out in student housing at Saddlebrook Resort in Pasco
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day