VANCLEAVE, MS — When Gigi the owl was saved by a Mississippi animal rescue group, she wasn’t timid about showing her appreciation.
In pictures that have gone viral, Gigi, a great horned owl, can be seen “hugging” one of her rescuers, Doug Pojeky.
Gigi was brought to the Wild at Heart Rescue in critical condition in May, after suffering from a condition similar to pneumonia in humans, and a concussion.
Gigi is doing better these days and shows her appreciation with her fondness to Pojeky, who is the president of Wild at Heart Rescue.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Fire breaks out in student housing at Saddlebrook Resort in Pasco
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day