PALMETTO, Fla. (AP) – Now that Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus has retired its iconic elephants, executives under the big top say they must do more to draw a younger generation of fans, many of whom are glued to smartphones and screens.
So Feld Entertainment, the company that owns the circus, is rolling out an app along with a new space-themed show.
It’s called “Out of This World,” and it incorporates ice skaters and motorsports. The app allows people to take selfies that will be broadcast during the circus, play games, buy tickets and interact with performers once inside the stadium or tent.
“Out of This World” opens July 14 in Los Angeles.
Last month, Feld pulled its remaining elephants from the show and moved them to a conservation center in central Florida.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Fire breaks out in student housing at Saddlebrook Resort in Pasco
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day