HOUSTON (WCMH) – One person was stabbed and two others burned with hot fryer grease during a fight at a Texas Taco Bell last week.
It happened June 1 at a Taco Bell in Houston, Texas.
Haronisha Alexander says it all started when the Taco Bell manager saw her throw a bottle out the window of her friend’s car, KTRK-TV reported.
“I just threw a bottle out the window and he told me to pick it up and I told him no, and everything just occurred,” Alexander said.
An argument and fight ensued between her group and the employees at Taco Bell. During the fight, chairs were thrown, a large knife was used and Alexander says she was burned with hot oil from the deep fryer.
“If you disagree with your food at any restaurant, you do not deserve to have the employees throw hot boiling grease on you and stab somebody else with a butcher knife,” said community organizer Quanell X.
Houston police told KTRK that the restaurant manager reported the incident to police and said the hot oil was used in self-defense after Alexander’s group was throwing rocks and breaking windows. Alexander disputes that assertion.
“It’s just messed up they would get grease out of the deep fryer and throw it on us,” Alexander said. “Can you imagine how hot that is?”
No charges have been filed and the incident remains under investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day