TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – Hillsborough health officials issued a health advisory for three Tampa Bay area beaches based on the criteria for enterococci bacteria recommended by the EPA.
- Simmons Beach
- Picnic Island Beach
- Davis Island Beach
This is considered a potential risk to the bathing public, officials said. Samples taken Wednesday were above threshold for enterococci bacteria.
The beaches will be re-sampled, Monday, June 13, and when the re-sampling indicates that the water is within the satisfactory range, the advisory will be lifted, officials said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day