ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say a former part-time Disney employee is accused of taking more than $112,000 from cash registers while working as a hostess at a Magic Kingdom restaurant.
Jail records say 29-year-old Katie Marie Miller was booked into the Orange County Jail on Tuesday on charges of grand theft, scheme to defraud and making false statements. She remained in jail Thursday, and is being held on a $61,100 bond.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Miller told investigators she started taking the money to help pay bills and it then became an addiction. She said she didn’t realize how much she’d taken until Disney’s financial analysts confronted her.
Prosecutors issued a warrant for her arrest two months ago. She was arrested last month in Hopedale, Massachusetts, and brought to Orlando on Tuesday.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Girl, 15, commits suicide after friends share nude Snapchat video
- Gator captured in Polk lake had human remains in stomach
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- Heroic deputy talks about thwarting abduction
- Fire breaks out in student housing at Saddlebrook Resort in Pasco
- Nature Made vitamins recalled
- Cops: Woman poured vodka in boy’s eyes at hotel pool, kicked officer in groin
- Bradenton community mourns loss of tree from Tropical Storm Colin
- Workout Craze: Aerial Fitness
- >>Back to the homepage for the latest breaking and local news stories of the day