UPDATE: This mother and child have been located. They are safe, officials said.
PREVIOUS STORY: SEBRING, Fla. (WFLA) — Highlands County Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the disappearance of a mother and her autistic son.
Investigators say Carla Bolin, age 35, disappeared along with her son, Duane Goff, age 4, who suffers from autism and appears to be without his medication.
Mother and child were last seen on Friday evening, June 3.
It is unknown where they went or their manner of travel.
Detectives are still gathering information in this case. Additional details will be released when they become available.
Cara Bolin is a white female, 5’4” tall, with brown hair and brown eyes. Duane Goff is a white male with brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone who may have seen this mother and child is requested to contact the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office Special Victim’s Unit at 863-402-7357 or 863-402-7387 and speak to Detective Jody Stowers.
Information may also be called in to Central Dispatch at 863-402-7200.
Anyone with information who wants to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477), contact us on the internet at http://www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com or simply scan the QR code at right. Anonymity is guaranteed.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Large gator seen with man’s body in its mouth in Lakeland
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- WATCH: Manatee snacks on grass in St. Pete backyard
- VIDEO: Waist-deep water prompts evacuation of Pinellas neighborhood
- St. Pete Beach declares sewer system emergency
- Tropical Storm Colin: Flooding, damage, cancellations & more
- Cops: Pair smoked K2 before robbing Polk man, leaving him to die
- Publix coupon only offered in certain areas
- Vehicle crashes into Spring Hill house