HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies say a Ruskin woman was drunk when they caught her driving the wrong way on a Hillsborough street with a toddler in the car.
Crystal Lynn Palacios, 31, was charged with DUI. Authorities say it was her third DUI violation in 10 years.
Investigators say two HCSO deputies were traveling northbound in the inside lane of 50th Street South in the area of Habersham Lane in an unmarked HCSO Ford F-250 pickup at 8:18 p.m. on June 6.
The deputies saw a small sedan approaching them driving southbound in the northbound inside lane of 50th Street South. They had swerve to avoid a collision with the small sedan.
As a result, the passenger rear corner of the HCSO pickup struck a small blue pickup that was traveling in the outside northbound lane of 50th Street South.
The deputies stopped to check on the driver of the pickup truck and learned that the driver was not injured. They then made a u-turn and caught up to the small sedan as it was approaching the intersection of 50th Street South and Causeway Boulevard.
They were able to safely conduct a traffic stop with the small sedan. Deputies say they observed several signs of impairment with the driver, Crystal Palacios, who had a small toddler in the vehicle. CPID responded and took custody of the toddler and Palacios arrested for DUI (3rd violation within 10 years), Driving While License Suspended or Revoked (2nd offense) and Refusal to Submit to any DUI Test with Previous Refusal.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Large gator seen with man’s body in its mouth in Lakeland
- Cops: Mom, deputy and clerk stop abduction of girl, 13, in store
- WATCH: Manatee snacks on grass in St. Pete backyard
- VIDEO: Waist-deep water prompts evacuation of Pinellas neighborhood
- St. Pete Beach declares sewer system emergency
- Tropical Storm Colin: Flooding, damage, cancellations & more
- Cops: Pair smoked K2 before robbing Polk man, leaving him to die
- Publix coupon only offered in certain areas
- Vehicle crashes into Spring Hill house