Here’s important information you need to know to stay safe. Click on your county to learn about flooding, damage, cancellations & more.
- Tropical Storm Colin formed in the Gulf Sunday evening and is picking up speed heading for the Big Bend of Florida. The 2 p.m. Advisory shows the storm still has sustained winds at 50 mph. The storm is moving to the north northeast at 17 mph and will make landfall in the Big Bend region of Florida Monday evening. As of 2PM the center of circulation was 250 miles west of Tampa, but the strong wind gusts and heavy rain bands extend well to the southeast of the center of circulation. The Tampa Bay area has already seen a widespread 3″-5″ of rainfall with more expected through Monday night.
- . See the complete forecast and Tropical Storm Colin’s projected path.
- Many county and cities in Tampa Bay have sandbags available. At many locations, residents will have to fill the bags themselves.
County by County Coverage- flooding, damage, cancellations & more
- Tracking Colin: Citrus County
- Tracking Colin: Hernando County
- Tracking Colin: Hillsborough County
- Tracking Colin: Manatee County
- Tracking Colin: Pasco County
- Tracking Colin: Pinellas County
- Tracking Colin: Polk County
- Tracking Colin: Sarasota County
- Gather must-have items and supplies
- Be prepared: Develop a family plan
- Stay safe: Protect yourself and your family
- Steps to take now to protect your home
- Simple steps to protect your pets
- Don’t forget to protect important documents
- WATCH: Surviving the Storm: A Storm Team 8 Special
- Bookmark the Storm Team 8 Weather page
- Like Chief Meteorologist Steve Jerve on Facebook | Follow @Sjervewfla on Twitter
Be Storm Ready: Download ‘Weather Max’ for free
- Live interactive radar with tools that let you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- Lightning alerts help keep you safe letting you know when there is lightning nearby
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead
- The latest video forecast from the First Warning Weather team
- Current weather conditions for Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Florida and anywhere in the US
- Customize your forecast by setting up multiple locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more
Please help keep you family, friends and neighbors informed by sharing this post on Facebook.