HUDSON, Fla. (WFLA) -– Investigators with the Florida Highway Patrol are asking for the public’s help in locating the driver of a vehicle involved in a fatal hit and run crash early Saturday morning.
Mark Chapasko, a 55-year-old Hudson resident, was hit and left for dead just before 1 a.m. near the intersection of Fivay Rd. and US 19.
According to a FHP report, there is no vehicle description available at this time. The driver failed to stop to assist Chapasko who was walking along the roadway in an unknown direction.
Chapasko was transported to Bayonet Point Medical Center where he later died from his injuries.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is asked to contact the Florida Highway Patrol at 813-631-4020. If you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tropical Storm “Colin” likely, Florida prepares for heavy rain
- VIDEO: Off-duty Florida lifeguard rescues shark
- 8 Investigates: Pasco teacher locks autistic child in dark room
- Recall Recap: Top recalls to know about this week
- Say Cheese! St. Pete Grilled Cheese Festival this weekend
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines