PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help finding a man suspected of inappropriately touching a girl at the Wagon Wheel Flea Market in Pinellas Park.
The sheriff’s office released video of the suspect and asks that people watch the video to see if they recognize the suspect.
According to detectives, the 7-year-old female victim and her father were at the Wagon Wheel Flea Market when her father turned away to speak with someone. As the father turned back around to check on his daughter, he saw the suspect standing near the girl speaking to her.
The suspect then used his hand to rub the victim’s buttocks in a circular motion over her clothing. The victim’s father immediately confronted the suspect. The suspect admitted to touching the child and then ran off through the flea market. The suspect was last seen running into a nearby wooded area.
According to investigators, the suspect is described as a white male with a slim build, between 5′ 10″ to 6′ tall and approximately 50 years of age. The suspect was wearing a grey-colored cap with grey hair seen under the cap, lime-green shirt with an unknown design on it, khaki shorts and white shoes. In addition, the suspect had a satchel type bag, across his chest and shoulder.
Anyone with information that may assist detectives in this investigation is asked to contact Detective Marvin Mitchell, of the Crimes Against Children Unit at 727-582-6200 or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or http://www.crimestoppersofpinellas.org.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines