DORAL, Fla. (AP) – Law enforcement authorities say foul play is a possibility in the disappearance of a South Florida woman and her 9-year-old daughter.
Miami-Dade police Det. Alvaro Zabaleta said in a news release early Thursday that evidence in the search for 43-year-old Liliana Moreno and her daughter Daniela led investigators to a warehouse. Authorities searched the warehouse until sundown on Wednesday and Zabaleta says the search will resume on Thursday.
Media outlets are reporting that Moreno’s sister in Colombia contacted police in the Miami suburb Doral on Tuesday after she had not heard from them in days. Authorities say Daniela hasn’t been in school since last Thursday.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines