ST. PETERSBURG, FL (WFLA) – A woman is accused of driving and crashing her car – while under the influence – with a baby inside.
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested the woman Wednesday. Kelsey Steele, 27, was charged with DUI with property damage after she allegedly sideswiped another vehicle near the intersection of 36th Avenue S and 31st Street S in St. Petersburg.
After Steele allegedly left the scene of the accident, deputies caught up with her. They say there was a 9-month-old child inside the vehicle.
PCSO deputies say she Steele had bloodshot eyes with a dazed expression on her face, along with a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. Steele was also found to be unsteady, deputies said.
She is being held in Pinellas County Jail on $500 bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines