TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The driver of a car that ended up in the water off Davis Islands Thursday night has been arrested by DUI.
Tampa Police responded to the boat ramp in the 1100 block of Severn Ave. around 9:20 p.m. The only occupant was able to exit the vehicle safely and did not suffer any injury, police say.
The driver, Douglas Mark Richards from Palm Harbor, was arrested at the scene for DUI.
The vehicle came to a stop approximately 50 yards into the water. Dive Team members responded and were able to attach a wrecker cable to the vehicle. It was removed from the water and towed from the scene.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines