TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A rabbit seen on a snapchat video being abused by three teenage girls in Jacksonville is now being cared for in Tampa.
The rabbit named ‘Fuzzy Pants’ is now at the BluePearl Veterinary Partners in stable condition. Veterinarians took X-rays on Thursday and discovered several fractures.
“She is not using her right hind leg which we took some radiographs of today shows that she has several fractures both in her right hind leg as well as in her pelvis,” said Peter Helmer of BluePearl.
Staff at the facility tell News Channel 8, they expect the rabbit to undergo surgery soon and note she is expected to make a full recovery.
Video of the three teenage girls throwing the bunny into a wall last weekend prompted outrage on social media. The three girls were arrested in Jacksonville after the video surfaced on social media sites. The three are 13 and 14 years of age.
“Our main goal is to return her to a good quality of life where she can pain free going forward,” Helmer said.
**WARNING** The video above is graphic. Some viewers may find the video difficult to watch
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines