ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – A 9-year-old girl has been hospitalized after being bitten by her family’s pit bull in Orange County.
News outlets report the incident happened Wednesday afternoon.
Orange County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Jeff Williamson says in a statement that the child was bitten in the face by the dog. She was taken to the hospital.
Williamson says the child is in stable condition.
Officials say no criminal charges are pending at this time. No other details have been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen’s window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines