KEY WEST, Fla. – Authorities are investigating after hooks with hidden cameras were found in a number of public restrooms in the Florida Keys.
Multiple media outlets report the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department says someone has been putting up the cameras in women’s bathrooms that look like a coat or purse hook.
A total of three hooks with cameras, in three different locations, have been found so far in the upper Keys.
According to NBC Miami, the miniature cameras were found at Anne’s Beach on May 26th, the Circle K Store at the 99.8 mile marker of Highway U.S. on May 28th, and in the women’s bathroom at Harry Harris Park in Tavernier on Tuesday.
The Sheriff’s office says the cameras look like white coat hooks with a very small hole on the top and use motion detection cameras to take video.
Investigators are urging businesses to keep a close eye on their bathroom stalls and report anything that looks strange.
“Anyone who has a public restroom on their property needs to check them closely,” Sheriff Rick Ramsay said in a statement. “If you find anything suspicious you think might contain a hidden camera, don’t touch it. Call us right away and we will respond.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- New details emerge in case of 90-year-old widow battling code violations
- Road-rage incident victims say they’re lucky to be alive
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Mom leaves note after overhearing ‘mean’ girls at Starbucks
- Clearwater woman says dog attacked her 2 pups and should be put down
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines