ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Detectives with the St. Petersburg Police Department are on the lookout for a vehicle that fled a fatal pedestrian crash Monday night.
The incident occurred at approximately 9:30 pm at the intersection of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. South and 20th Ave. A deceased was walking west across MLK Jr. St. when a dark-colored sports utility vehicle struck.
Shizer Thornton, 57, was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency service personnel with St. Petersburg Fire Rescue.
The SUV may have been dark blue or black in color. No other information is available at this time.
If you have any information about this incident, please contact the St. Petersburg Police Department at 727-893-7780 – reference report #2016-25197.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- ‘Habitual traffic offender’ in Pasco jail after running over motorcyclists
- Neighbor trying to save 90-year-old widow’s Sarasota home
- 3 girls killed, toddler thrown from vehicle in Brevard County crash
- Pinellas primate expert says Cincinnati gorilla was trying to protect child before being killed
- Burlesque dancer told she couldn’t board flight because ‘shorts too short’
- Fla. company creates synthetic dog to eliminate use of shelter animals in vet training
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines