LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Largo firefighters found a meth lab Tuesday. A Largo Fire Rescue lieutenant described the lab as “small” and “makeshift.”
Police officers evacuated the building, at 610 West Bay Dr. #3. That’s near the intersection of Missouri Avenue and W. Bay Drive.
Occupants are not in danger, according to Largo Fire Rescue.
Crews from Clearwater, Largo and Seminole are on scene. Hazmat is monitoring the atmosphere.
The fire lieutenant said it sounds like the suspects were making meth in a bottle.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- South Florida officers find 2 alligators eating human body
- ‘Habitual traffic offender’ in Pasco jail after running over motorcyclists
- Neighbor trying to save 90-year-old widow’s Sarasota home
- 3 girls killed, toddler thrown from vehicle in Brevard County crash
- Pinellas primate expert says Cincinnati gorilla was trying to protect child before being killed
- Burlesque dancer told she couldn’t board flight because ‘shorts too short’
- Fla. company creates synthetic dog to eliminate use of shelter animals in vet training
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines