CHARLOTTE, NC (WFLA) – The internet is cheering on a North Carolina mom who left a note for “mean” girls. Michelle Icard, who writes about parenting and dealing with middle school, says she was at a Charlotte Starbucks when she overheard a troubling conversation.
“They were talking loudly so I could hear every word,” Icard told NBC affiliate WCNC about three teenage girls. “I was crawling out of my skin, I was physically bothered by it and I kept thinking, ‘this is gonna stop, one of them will say something to redeem themselves,’ and it never happened, and as I was listening to what they were saying I was growing more and more uncomfortable. They were verbally bashing another girl over popularity issues.”
Someone encouraged Icard to buy the girls beverages and leave them a note. She did just that, sending coffee and telling them about inner beauty.
The mom also took to Facebook to leave a note. WCNC shared the post:
“I’m crawling out of my skin sitting next to three very pretty, very boisterous, horribly behaved young teenage girls at the Cotswold Starbucks. So far they have laughed about 1) a girl who wrote a song for the talent show about being a lonely cell (She is so weird!) 2) the crappy presents they have gotten in the past from friends 3) girls who copy them (the worst) OH and just now, how “Carolyn wanted to be the lead singer but we took a vote and everyone wanted me instead so sorry Carolyn you can be the manager.” It is taking all my restraint to keep from exploding so I’m complaining to you all instead.
Good luck, Carolyn, wherever you are. I hope you find nicer friends!”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- New details emerge in case of 90-year-old widow battling code violations
- Road-rage incident victims say they’re lucky to be alive
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Mom leaves note after overhearing ‘mean’ girls at Starbucks
- Clearwater woman says dog attacked her 2 pups and should be put down
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines