TAMPA, FL (WFLA) — Does your Memorial Day Weekend call for some cold beverages? If so, you may want to head to the Tampa Bay Margarita Festival in Tampa.
The fourth annual festival is being held Saturday, May 28 from noon to 11 p.m. in Curtis Hixon Park.
There’s a long list of margaritas and other drinks that will be available. The festival encourages everyone to sample as many margaritas as possible. Some of the “Extreme Margaritas” include the Bacon Rita, Chocolate Rita, Fireball Rita or Sriracha Strawberry Rita.
For those not as daring, your classic margaritas are available in a variety of flavors: Classic, Mango, Strawberry or Peach.
And what would a festival be without live music? Blues Traveler is headlining the festival on the main stage this year. Their show doesn’t kick off until 9:30 p.m., but live music will be on the stage all day long.
If the day wasn’t fun enough, the festival will wrap up with a fireworks show around 10:55 p.m.
Ticket prices range from $17 for general admission in advance to $25 at the door, in available. A VIP Experience is also being offered, for $100 tickets in advance or $125 regular, which includes unlimited margaritas, beer, wine and water, in addition to all the amenities, games and entertainment. VIP tickets are not for sale at the door.
LAST NOTE: Plan ahead! Do not drink and drive. There are plenty of taxi and ride share services available in downtown Tampa.
Looking for more fun things do this weekend? Check out 8 Fun Things Happening in Tampa Bay here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- 1 dead, 2 hurt in St. Pete boating accident
- Meet #PrisonBae: Woman’s ‘hot mugshot’ goes viral
- Grilling safety for your holiday weekend
- Second tropical cyclone of 2016 forms, TS warnings issued for SC coast
- Cops: Caregiver hit 91-year-old WWII veteran on head with oxygen tank
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | May 28-29
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines