STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) – NBC Sports golf analyst David Feherty will offer commentary during the network’s prime-time coverage at this summer’s Rio Olympics and take part in the broadcast of the opening ceremony.
NBC announced Monday that the irreverent Feherty would add those broader assignments to his work as an on-course reporter and tower analyst as golf returns to the Olympics for the first time since 1904.
The men’s golf competition runs Aug. 11-14 and airs on Golf Channel.
Feherty joined NBC in September after nearly two decades at CBS.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Venice area couple overjoyed by man’s random act of kindness
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Home inspectors call police after mistaking mannequin for dead body
- Video of West Point graduation going viral for wrong reasons
- Former NBA player Etan Thomas shames woman who wouldn’t let him have a seat on train
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines