(KSL) — A 17-year-old Utah boy is in critical condition after police say his friend stabbed him with a sword during a sleepover early Saturday morning.
“It was a tragic, very uncommon and strange event,” Unified Police Lt. Lex Bell said, but he added that it could have had a deadly ending if it weren’t for the aid of several firefighters who helped an officer subdue a violent suspect.
He said the victim was laying in his bed when his longtime friend, also 17, took a sword from the victim’s blade collection and ran it through his abdomen.
Police aren’t sure if the victim was awake when it happened, Bell said.
“The question of the day is: Why did this happen? The two had been friends for years, as I understand it,” the lieutenant said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1WKo6xF
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Police: body found under car may belong to hit-and-run driver
- Florida fishermen catch 347-pound monster grouper
- FL teen calls escort, gets robbed
- Venice couple overjoyed by man’s random act of kindness
- Float party in St. Pete Beach proceeds, despite protest
- Woman redeems 22-year-old Disney Park Hopper pass she never got to use at age 4
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines