PINELLAS COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – Two teenagers were arrested in a police parking lot in Indian Shores on the marijuana charges, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office arrest affidavit. One of the men appeared to be asleep behind the wheel of the car with the engine running.
It happened near the Indian Shores Police Department building on Gulf Boulevard. Andrew Mccabe, 18, was in the car alone. He was looking down on his cell phone on his lap. The officer detected a strong odor of marijuana. He ordered Mccabe out of the car.
Mccabe showed the officer that the pot was in the pocket of the driver’s door. The officer found a digital scale, rolling papers and a zip top plastic bag with a small amount of green leafy vegetation. The field test confirmed it contained THC. The officer also found a large sandwich bag concealed in the trim of the center console. The bag weighed about 63 grams. It tested positive for THC as well.
A gray backpack on the back seat had a box of zip-top plastic bags.
Mccabe admitted he owned that baggy but denied that anything else in the car belonged to him. The vehicle wasn’t his either. The owner of the car, 19-year-old Cameron Kelly was called to the scene. Post Miranda, he said he knew there was pot in his car. He also told the officers that he and Mccabe were partners in selling marijuana.
They were both taken to the Pinellas County jail on the charge of possession of marijuana with intent to sell. Their bonds are set at $5,000.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Venice area couple overjoyed by man’s random act of kindness
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Home inspectors call police after mistaking mannequin for dead body
- Video of West Point graduation going viral for wrong reasons
- Former NBA player Etan Thomas shames woman who wouldn’t let him have a seat on train
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines