TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – Top area restaurants gathered at the beautiful Curtis Hixon Park in Tampa Saturday to grill their way to the title of the best burger in town.
The annual competition Burger Showdown sponsored by Budweiser, WFLA News Channel 8 and several other local businesses donates all the proceeds to a local charity. The winning restaurant gets bragging rights to be called the best burger place in town.
This year’s contestants included Eats, The Empress Tea Room, James Joyce Irish Pub, Grey/Salt, Just Grillin, Grille One Sixteen, Champions, Wow, Duffy’s, Duke’s Brewhouse and the Rolling Gourmet.
WFLA’s Gayle Guyardo, Leigh Spann and Leslee Lacey are attending the showdown.
The tickets were sold out before the event started.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Float party in St. Pete Beach proceeds, despite protest
- Woman redeems 22-year-old Disney Park Hopper pass she never got to use at age 4
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- PHOTOS: Lakeland Police Fallen Heroes Memorial Inaugural 5K Run
- Burger Showdown takes over Curtis Hixon Park
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines