OCALA, Fla. (AP) – A north Florida man has been charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of a man whose body was found in the Ocala National Forest.
The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/1XCUlhS) reports that a grand jury on Thursday indicted 44-year-old Jerry Carlton Keene.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office says Keene killed 44-year-old Thomas Lombardo, whose body was found in the woods in March, months after his mother had reported him missing.
Deputies say Keene killed Lombardo after an argument near the Rodman Dam in Putnam County and that Keene transported the body to Ocala National Forest, where it was found.
Keene is being held without bail in the Putnam County jail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Sanford woman charged with illegally giving silicone injections
- Weeki Wachee High senior pranks go too far
- Dog hailed hero for protecting girl from snake bite goes home
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Good Samaritans rescue woman being attacked by electrician with knife, say police
- Local charity raising money to build shelter for homeless, women, pregnant teens
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines