ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A tourist from West Virginia spent part of his vacation in the Pinellas County Jail after deputies say he used a handgun to shoot the lock on his hotel room door when he locked himself out of the room.
Charles William Richardson, 35, of Dunbar, West Virginia was arrested on Thursday morning and charged with two felony counts of shooting a deadly missile within an occupied building.
Deputies responded to reports of a man shooting a firearm at the Beachcomber Hotel on St. Pete Beach at 7:58 a.m. on Thursday.
According to deputies, when they arrived at the hotel, they found Richardson sitting in the lobby unarmed.
Deputies determined that Richardson, who was a guest at the hotel, used a handgun to shoot the lock on his hotel room door because he had locked himself out of his room. Richardson then proceeded to shoot a glass window at the hotel for no apparent reason.
No one was injured at the hotel as a result of the shooting. Deputies say they recovered the handgun near Richardson’s hotel room.
Richardson was arrested and transported to the Pinellas County Jail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Sanford woman charged with illegally giving silicone injections
- Weeki Wachee High senior pranks go too far
- Dog hailed hero for protecting girl from snake bite goes home
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Good Samaritans rescue woman being attacked by electrician with knife, say police
- Local charity raising money to build shelter for homeless, women, pregnant teens
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines