(WFLA) – A new report shows the average age for a child to get his or her own cell phone by age 10.
The research also found that more than forty percent of kids have their own social media account by the time they turn 11.
Today, 8 On Your Side Answers when you should give your child a smart device…at a certain age or a certain maturity? Check out our full discussion on the topic in the video player above.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Dogs tied to hedges, left outside Tampa shelter in one week
- Weeki Wachee High senior pranks go too far
- Dash cam video shows wild Florida police chase
- T.G.I Friday’s serves 8-year-old alcohol instead of root beer
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Founding Beastie Boys member John Berry dies at 52
- Sanford woman charged with illegally giving silicone injections
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines