UPDATE: Boston’s NBC affiliate reports the whale was freed. However, some of the line remains stuck in the whale.
PREVIOUS STORY: MASSACHUSETTS – Crews worked Wednesday to free a large whale that became entangled in fishing line off the coast of Massachusetts.
This aerial video shows environmental police trying to get close enough to somehow help the humpback whale that can’t shed the line. This occurred about four miles off the coast.
In the video, the fishing buoy can be seen in the water near the whale. And there are white fishing lines that appear to be wrapped around the animal’s body just below its head and near its flippers.
It’s not known how the whale got caught in the buoy or what this means for the whale’s condition.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man held Polk family of 5 hostage for 3 months, deputies say
- Tampa area brides jilted by dodgy photography company
- Car crashes into Pasco home, pushing bed outside residence
- WATCH: Man in Stamkos jersey steals custom Lightning chair
- Excessive force? Video shows officer arresting teen on skateboard
- Coroner: Fat clots killed mom who traveled to Florida for Brazilian butt-lift
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines