The auction to sell the gun George Zimmerman says he used to kill teenager Trayvon Martin is over.
It ended at noon Wednesday.
A bidder identified as John Smith posted a bid of $138,900 Just seconds before the auction ended. That’s known as “sniping.”
Zimmerman issued a statement in which he thanked God for a successful auction. He also said the auction “raised funds for “several worthy causes.”
However, the bid hasn’t been authenticated and may likely be bogus, as were several other posts.
The Trayvon Martin Foundation, run by the family of the unarmed teen killed by Zimmerman, declined to comment on the sale.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Man held Polk family of 5 hostage for 3 months, deputies say
- Tampa area brides jilted by dodgy photography company
- Car crashes into Pasco home, pushing bed outside residence
- WATCH: Man in Stamkos jersey steals custom Lightning chair
- Excessive force? Video shows officer arresting teen on skateboard
- Coroner: Fat clots killed mom who traveled to Florida for Brazilian butt-lift
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines