LOS ANGELES (AP) – A Los Angeles weather anchor is speaking out amid criticism of her TV station after she was handed a sweater during a broadcast to cover up her dress.
Liberte Chan was handed a sweater during KTLA-TV’s Saturday’s morning news by a co-host who said the station was “getting a lot of emails.”
A post of the video on Chan’s Facebook page has drawn thousands of comments. Some call the incident body shaming.
Chan has responded in a blog post , saying she doesn’t think the black sparkly dress was “that inappropriate,” but says it may have been “a little much for the morning.”
She says the station didn’t order her to wear the sweater and says she was playing along with a joke.
KTLA hasn’t responded to a request for comment.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Nurse shark bites woman, gets attached to her arm
- Dog thrown from minivan in Pasco to undergo surgery
- Decapitated body found in car in TX
- Road To The Cup: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 – Join us for Watch Party
- It’s Free Smoothie Day Monday in Tampa Bay
- Life Hacks: Tips for staying productive in your home office
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines