NEW PORT RICHEY, FL (WFLA) — Joe, the dog thrown from a moving minivan in New Port Richey, died during surgery on Monday.
The team at San Francis Veterinary Hospital in Spring Hill said “Joe” did not survive a surgery to fix his diaphragm.
“We would like to thank the community for the outpouring of support we have seen over this past weekend. Heaven has gained another angel,” the hospital said in a statement.
When Joe was thrown from the minivan, his organs were pushed into his abdominal cavity, and his diaphragm and pelvis broke.
Deputies are still searching for the suspect who allegedly threw Joe from the moving van.
The incident happened at the intersection of Orchid Lake Road and Floral View Way early Friday morning. The woman driving a white or grey minivan tossed the mixed-breed dog out of the vehicle.
The suspect is described as a large, heavy set female. She is approximately 45 years old, with blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing glasses.
If you have any information about this case, please call the sheriff’s office tips line at (800) 706-2488.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Nurse shark bites woman, gets attached to her arm
- Dog thrown from minivan in Pasco to undergo surgery
- Decapitated body found in car in TX
- Road To The Cup: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Pittsburgh Penguins Game 2 – Join us for Watch Party
- It’s Free Smoothie Day Monday in Tampa Bay
- Life Hacks: Tips for staying productive in your home office
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines