ATLANTA (AP) – A pilot was killed when his biplane crashed while performing a stunt at a metro Atlanta airshow.
DeKalb County Public Information Officer Sheira Campbell says the pilot crashed and died while flying in tandem with another plane during an aerial acrobatics stunt Saturday afternoon at the Good Neighbor Day Open House Airshow at DeKalb Peachtree Airport, about 11 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
She says the pilot will not be identified until his next of kin are notified.
Campbell says there were no other injuries on the ground and there was no other damage other than the aircraft.
She says the National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration are both on the scene and investigating.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Decapitated body found in car in TX
- 11 hurt when bus crashes into SUV, catches fire near Animal Kingdom
- Roller coaster at Busch Gardens still down after malfunction
- Police: Man with knife threatens to behead officers, is shot
- Woman, boy, 5, shot in Avon Park
- WWE star arrested in Hillsborough County
- Man arrested for allegedly exposing himself to girl at Winter Haven library
- PHOTOS: Ice Cube drops $7.25M on Jean-Claude Van Damme’s California mansion
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines