BOCA RATON, FL (WFLA) – A woman in Boca Raton was taken to a hospital with a nurse shark attached to her arm, Boca Raton city officials said.
The 23-year-old woman got bitten at the beach near Ocean Boulevard. Boca Raton Fire crews responded to the report of the bite and found the 2-foot shark attached to the woman’s arm.
The shark was already dead. Both the woman and the shark were taken to a hospital. According to Boca Raton city officials, the woman’s condition is stable. They haven’t released any information on how the bite happened.
A beachgoer snapped the photos and shared them with the city.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Decapitated body found in car in TX
- 11 hurt when bus crashes into SUV, catches fire near Animal Kingdom
- Roller coaster at Busch Gardens still down after malfunction
- Police: Man with knife threatens to behead officers, is shot
- Woman, boy, 5, shot in Avon Park
- WWE star arrested in Hillsborough County
- Man arrested for allegedly exposing himself to girl at Winter Haven library
- PHOTOS: Ice Cube drops $7.25M on Jean-Claude Van Damme’s California mansion
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines