CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – The eastbound lanes of Drew Street are closed at Jupiter Avenue in Clearwater because a hole has opened in the road.
It’s unknown at this time what caused the hole, which is four to five feet deep and “slightly larger than a manhole cover in width,” the Clearwater Police Department said. The Department of Transportation is heading to the scene.
The westbound lanes of Drew Street remain open.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Motorcyclist shot in possible road-rage incident on Howard Frankland
- Two dead, including a child, after 4-vehicle Haines City accident
- Smoke & Haze: The pot mystery solved
- Huge tornado appears in background of prom photo
- Family claims dead rodent found in Dr. Pepper bottle
- Trader Joe’s frozen products recall expands
- Tornadoes hit Plains; 2 dead, homes destroyed in Oklahoma
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines