CAPE CORAL, Fla. (AP) – Police officers in Cape Coral, Florida have charged a 33-year-old man with killing his father and then dismembering the body.
James Marshall went missing in February, and his torso was discovered in woods six days later.
Three weeks later, a suitcase containing his limbs was discovered in a nearby canal.
His son, Matthew Marshall, was charged with second-degree murder two weeks ago.
The Fort Myers News-Press reported Sunday that Matthew Marshall moved into his father’s condo last November. About a month later, Matthew Marshall, who had mental health problems, put his father in a chokehold and threatened to kill him.
Matthew Marshall was involuntarily institutionalized, and his father tried to get him more permanent treatment. Friends say they don’t know if Marshall ever got the treatment he needed.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tampa PD officer killed in off-duty crash
- More than 50 pairs of shoes found in hidden wall
- Baby among 3 burned in boat fire
- Suspect dead after deputy-involved shooting in St. Pete
- Pasco detectives: teacher’s aid had sex with 2 teens
- 180,000 pacifiers recalled over choking hazard
- Polk 2-year-old wandered alone on road for 1.5 hours, say deputies
- 12-year-old steals, drives school bus
- Student reportedly Googled ‘at home abortion’ before death of newborn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines