TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A motorcyclist was killed in a crash involving four vehicles on the Howard Frankland Bridge Sunday evening.
Florida Highway Patrol says three of the vehicles were stopped on I-275 for an earlier crash ahead of the stopped traffic around 6:30 p.m. Sunday. FHP says the driver of the motorcycle failed to stop for the traffic and collided into the rear of two of the vehicles, which propelled one vehicle into the rear of a fourth vehicle.
The driver of the motorcycle, 54-year-old Rafael Barboza of Lithia, died at the scene of the crash.
FRP says Barboza was not wearing a helmet. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tampa PD officer killed in off-duty crash
- More than 50 pairs of shoes found in hidden wall
- Baby among 3 burned in boat fire
- Suspect dead after deputy-involved shooting in St. Pete
- Pasco detectives: teacher’s aid had sex with 2 teens
- 180,000 pacifiers recalled over choking hazard
- Polk 2-year-old wandered alone on road for 1.5 hours, say deputies
- 12-year-old steals, drives school bus
- Student reportedly Googled ‘at home abortion’ before death of newborn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines