LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)– If you’re someone who suffers from migraines or severe headaches, here are a few life hacks that will help relieve some of that pain.
One is very simple, get a lemon and make a paste out of the peel, then apply that paste to your forehead.
The anti-inflammatory properties in the peel will help relieve that pain.
An apple can also help with the severity of a migraine, eating an apple is great, but also just smelling the apple helps.
Doctor of Naturopathic medicine Krystal Shelmire herself suffers from migraines. She has a couple life hacks that she recommends that she used in the past to relieve the pain.
Dr. Shelmire suggests lavender oil and peppermint oil are pretty easy you can carry them in your bag.
Basically, all your doing is rubbing the oil over your temples, cause those are the spots where you usually suffer from a migraine.
Another option to help you with those migraines is the herb Ginko Biloba.
The herb releases more blood and oxygen to the brain which in turn helps relieve the pressure from the headaches.
The leaf from the herb is available in extract form or capsule form.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Tampa Bay area mom warns about the ‘Super Pill’
- North Port school mourns after teacher is allegedly killed by estranged husband
- OroGold owner talks to ‘Better Call Behnken’ about $6,000 face cream bill
- Teacher Appreciation Day freebies and deals
- Life Hacks for Mom: Tips and tricks in the kitchen
- Officials warn about black market in Tampa Bay area for baby formula
- Reality ‘difficult to face’ after crash kills mom’s 4 kids
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines