ST. CLOUD, Fla. —St. Cloud authorities said a 25-year-old man shot and killed his brother after fighting about a cheeseburger Thursday night.
Officers were called to the scene along Sixth Street, near Michigan Avenue, around 10 p.m. Thursday.
Police said Nicholas Middendorf, 28, had been out drinking with his mother before the argument broke out.
According to police, Benjamin A. Middendorf shot his brother in the chest with a 9 mm handgun. Nicholas Middendorf was pronounced dead at the scene.
Benjamin Middendorf was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder and booked into the Osceola County Jail, where he’s being held without bail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Suspect dead after deputy-involved shooting in St. Pete
- Garrison’s OT goal lifts Lightning to 2-1 win over Islanders
- Pasco detectives: teacher’s aid had sex with 2 teens
- 180,000 pacifiers recalled over choking hazard
- Polk 2-year-old wandered alone on road for 1.5 hours, say deputies
- 12-year-old steals, drives school bus
- Video of man chased from Target goes viral
- Student reportedly Googled ‘at home abortion’ before death of newborn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines